Differences Between Beard Oil & Beard Balm
If you are asking yourself which between beard balm and beard oil is perfect for you, you have come to the right place. However much of these products may seem alike, they are designed for different purposes. Some of the bearded men use both, while others use only one. If you are new to beard keeping and beard care products, worry not, this post outlines all the differences you need to know about Beard Oil and Beard Balm.
How Beard Oil and Beard Balm Are Different
They Have Different Consistencies
- Beard Balm is firm in nature and somewhat waxy, while Beard Oil is liquid.
- Beard balm can be less messy because it cannot be spilled. This is important for those who like to carry their balm with them. The beard oil is liquid, it may spill if you have the cap off and you’re not careful.
- Beard oils mostly come in glass bottles which may break easily if not cared for, while the beard balm is packaged in a small unbreakable tin.
They Are Designed For Different Purposes
- Even though both beard balm and beard oil hydrate and moisturize the beard hair, beard balm is perfect for holding, styling, and conditioning. It also leaves the hair with a little matte finish.
- Beard balm can be used as a hair styling product and it’s effective, while beard oil can be used to alleviate itchiness on the skin underneath and it softens the beard hair.
They have different penetration levels
Because beard oil is liquid and can easily permeate the hair, it also is great in moisturizing the skin underneath the beard.
They have similar application methods
Typically, beard balm is “warmed” before being applied by rubbing two of your hands together to create friction and heat, beard oil does not require warming but following the same process when applying works best.
Which One Is Best For Use?
If you have just begun keeping a beard or have a short beard, then you need beard oil. The Lejonjon Beard Oil stops itchiness, moisturizes the face and enhances the growth of hair. This product is also best for beardsmen who want to keep their whiskers in a natural shape, look healthy and smelling great. If you want to condition and tame your whiskers, the Lejonjon beard balm will do.
Both beard oil and beard balms are the best type of products for making your beard look amazing and healthy. The beard oil creates a perfect environment for your facial hair and skin underneath, by softening and moisturizing it. The beard balm aids in styling your beard and making it look thicker.
We believe you can never go wrong when it comes to Lejonjon’s beard care products. Both our Beard Balm and Beard Oil are sourced and made in New Zealand with all-natural ingredients thus suitable for the true beardsmen. Provided you are using one of these products, your beard needs special care. A well-groomed mustache makes you look and feel great.
For more information about our Beard care products, check out our products collection and get your best beard friendly product. We have Beard Balm, and Beard Oil designed especially for your beard.
Check out also What is Beard Wash