How To Use Beard Oil
Beard oil has a lot of benefits for the hair and the skin underneath. It moisturizes, prevents beardruff, stops itching and makes beards easy to style. This post guides you on how to apply beard oil and its benefits.
When Should Beard Oil be applied?
After a shower. The best time to apply beard oil is immediately after you get out of shower because that’s when the beard is clean and the pores are open. Be sure to towel dry the beard, but leave it slightly wet before applying the beard oil. You cannot apply the oil when your beard is too wet.
What Amount of Beard Oil Should be used?
The amount of beard oil you apply depends on the length and thickness of your beard. Use 1 to 2 sprays for new a beard of up to one month old. Use 3 to 4 drops for beard of 1-3 months. Use 5 – 6 sprays for 3-12 months old beard and 7 and above sprays for beard grown for one year or more.
Don’t forget, less is more when it comes to beard oil as well as beard balm. Since beard oil doesn’t vaporize fast as water, applying too much of it might cause drips that cause discomfiture. If you are a newbie, apply a little at first, then more and more as you get used to applying the oil. The outcome will be a fully coated and softer beard.
How Often Should Beard Oil Be Used?
How often you use the beard oil depends on various factors. First, beard oils are not similar. Many people who keep whiskers use the beard oil daily while others use it occasionally. Bearded men who live in humid environments and have shorter beard may opt to use the beard oil after a couple of days. Those living in dry climate may need to use the beard oil more than once every day. Some people also apply the beard oil according to their preference, when they feel like doing so.
How to disperse the Beard Oil
Dispersing is not complicated, but you need to be careful enough not to squirt excess of the oil. A bottle of beard oil contains 30mls and there are different mechanisms of making the dispersing job easy. It is important not to waste the oil and lessen the risk of applying excess oil than you need on the beard. Return the cap on the bottle after use as placing it elsewhere might attract contaminants.
How to Apply Beard Oil
This is the right way to apply the beard balm:
- Squirt or drop the oil on your palm and spread the oil evenly on both hands and fingers. The amount used here is personal to the length of your beard. A good rule of thumb is to start with 2 - 3 squirts and add more if needed.
- Using your fingers and palms work the beard oil down to the skin and distribute through the beard hair.
- Brush the palms of your hands along the sides, down and front covering your entire beard.
- Use your fingers to coat the mustache hair.
- Use a beard comb to style (Optional)
- Repeat process as many times as required throughout the day (we recommend 2 - 3 times)
Finish/Combing Your Beard
Benefits of combing your beard hair include:
- Prevents ingrown hairs
- It lines up the hairs to make your beard appear fuller
- It keeps stray hairs from getting into your mouth and trains them to grow away from it.
- Combing your beard makes it easier to distribute beard oil evenly.
If you do not know what to do when it comes to using your beard oil, get in touch with us. Ask us for assistance.