How To Use Beard Oil
Beard oil has many benefits for the hair and the skin underneath. It moisturizes, prevents beardruff, stops itching, and makes beards easier to style. This post will guide you on how to apply beard oil and some tips and tricks.
When Should Beard Oil be applied?
Beard oil can be applied anytime during the day we find a good time is to apply after a shower or washing because this is when the beard is clean and the pores are open. Be sure to pat your beard gently with a towel to dry. You can leave the hair slightly wet before applying our beard oil. We recommend washing with our beard wash before applying beard oil for the best results.
What Amount of Beard Oil Should be used?
The amount of beard oil you apply depends on the length and thickness of your beard. It can also come down to personal preference. A rough guideline could be 1 to 2 sprays for new a beard of up to 1 month of growth, 3 to 4 spray for 1 to 3 months of growth, and 5 to 6 sprays for 3-12 months of growth.
Less is more when it comes to beard oil as well as beard balm. Since beard oil doesn’t vaporize as quick as water, applying too much, might weigh your beard down and it may become extremely glossy. If you are a new to using beard oil, apply a little at first, then more as you get used to applying. The outcome should be a shiny, fully coated, and softer beard.
How Often Should Beard Oil Be Used?
How often you use beard oil depends on various factors. You can use beard oil as many time as you like but we would recommend 1 to 3 times daily for best results.
Some men will use it occasionally and according to their preference e.g. when they feel like doing so, get itchy, or are going out.
How to disperse the Beard Oil
This is not complicated at all, use the spray nozzle and pump the oil into your hands.
How to Apply Beard Oil
This is the right way to apply the beard oil:
- Squirt or drop the oil on your palm and spread the oil evenly between both hands and fingers. The amount used here is noted above but feel free to do what feels best for you and your beard. A good rule of thumb is to start with 2 - 3 squirts and add more if needed.
- Using your fingers and palms work the beard oil down to the skin and distribute evenly through the beard hair.
- Brush the palms of your hands along the sides, down and front covering your entire beard.
- Use your fingers to coat any moustache hairs.
- Follow up by using a beard comb or brush to style (Optional)
- Repeat process as many times as required throughout the day (we recommend at least once in the morning).
- We recommend applying beard balm after applying beard oil for a bit more hold and conditioning to the facial hair, this however is also personal preference.
Finish/Combing Your Beard
Benefits of combing and brushing your beard hair include:
- Ingrown hair prevention
- Making your beard appear fuller
- Keeping stray hairs from getting into your mouth and it helps to train growth in the desired direction
- Combing your beard spreads the oil evenly throughout the entire beard hair.
You can check out our beard comb and brush range here
If you require more information or assistance, please get in touch with us via chat or our contact us page.
Check out How To Use Beard Balm