How To Use Beard Balm
Everything you do requires effort and dedication, and so does maintaining a neat and well-presented beard worth of admiration. A great well-maintained beard does require care and dedication.
Lucky enough, there are products like beard balm which is designed to provide unmatched beard grooming capability. The balm serves a variety of purposes, and in this post, we look at how to use and apply beard balm.
Things to note:
- Use a beard balm with all-natural ingredients. Synthetic sealants can inflame the facial skin and damage your hair follicles.
- We use all-natural ingredients in our beard balm bases. We use shea butter, mango butter, organic jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and beeswax which helps in holding the beard in place, soften the hair and lock moisture into the beard.
- A good beard balm moisturizes the skin and conditions the beard hair. It also prevents the hair drying out which can cause brittleness, breakage, and split ends.
- For individuals with patchy or thin beards, a balm helps to even out the beard hair to appear slightly thicker.
When Should Beard Balm Be Applied?
The ideal time to apply beard balm is the moment you step out of the shower. All you need to do is dry the beard gently with a towel leaving it slightly damp to allow you to work the balm into the beard hair easily. You can re-apply during the day as required.
How to Apply the Beard Balm
When you have towel-dried your beard to the “damp” point, brush or comb it to remove any tangles or knots, loose hairs aren’t a reason to worry. If you feel you are losing more hair than normal, try using a comb and not a brush.
You are free to use any tool to groom your beard, but preferably a brush with spines made of boar’s hair, a wooden or bone comb, these help to move the natural oils through your beard. Remember many manufactured plastic combs and brushes fail to move the oils as well, into your beard. We recommend washing your beard first with our beard wash, then beard oil second, and beard balm third but some men choose to use just beard balm.
This is what you need to do:
- After combing your beard to remove the tangles, you can now grab your container of beard balm and get started.
- Use your thumb or the index finger to scoop out a little balm, almost the size of a marble (Larger beards may require more).
- Melt the beard balm by rubbing it in your palms until it achieves the consistency similar to oil. Ensure you coat both palms as well as all of your fingers
- When applying the balm, start from the base of your beard working up to the sideburns while ensuring every area and hair is coated with the balm.
- Use your hands or a comb preferably that is made of wood steel or bone for even distribution of the balm throughout your beard as you also shape it into your favorite look.
How Often the Beard Balm Should Be Used
Beard balm does not strip the skin of its natural oils. You can, therefore, use it according to your preference. In any case, the balm helps in moisturizing and conditioning the beard as well as the skin underneath, thus addressing the issue of robbing the skin of its natural oils and keeping your beard soft and smelling great.
Additionally, how often you use your beard balm depends on the length and thickness of your beard. You could use it more often if your beard is longer and thicker. Using beard oil and balm daily will enhance the overall health of your beard. Some people use the beard balm daily, while others use it occasionally.
If you require further information or assistance, please get in touch with us via our chat module or our contact us page
Check out our range of beard balm here.