How To Use Beard Balm
Everything you do requires effort and dedication, and so does maintaining a neat and well-presented beard worth of admiration.
Lucky enough, there are products like beard balm which has been designed to provide unmatched beard grooming capability. The balm serves a variety of purposes, and in this post, we look at how to use and apply beard balm.
Things to note:
- Use a beard balm with all-natural ingredients. Synthetic sealants can inflame the skin under the beard and damage your hair follicles.
- We use all-natural ingredients in our beard balm bases. We use shea butter, mango butter, organic jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, and beeswax.
- A good beard balm moisturizes the skin and conditions the beard hair. It also prevents the hair drying out which can cause brittleness, breakage, and split ends.
- For individuals with patchy or thin beards, a balm helps to even out the beard hair to appear slightly thicker with brushing.
When Should Beard Balm Be Applied?
Beard balm can be applied anytime during the day but we find a good time is after showering or washing. All you need to do is pat dry your beard gently with a towel leaving it slightly damp to allow you to work the balm into the beard hair easily. You can re-apply during the day as required.
How to Apply the Beard Balm
When you have towel-dried your beard to the “damp” point, brush or comb the hair with a quality brush to remove any tangles or knots.
- After combing your beard to remove the tangles, grab your tin of beard balm to get started.
- Use your thumb or the index finger to scoop out a small amount of balm.
- Melt the beard balm by rubbing it between your palms and fingers until it achieves the consistency similar to oil.
- When applying the balm, start from the base of your beard working it up the sides, front then back down through the beard. this helps to ensure every area and hair is coated.
- Use your hands or a comb preferably that is made of wood, steel or bone for even distribution throughout your beard. Shape and style to your preference.
- Apply more if required.
How Often the Beard Balm Should Be Used
Beard balm does not strip the skin of its natural oils. You can, therefore, use it according to your preference. The balm helps in moisturizing and conditioning the beard as well as the skin underneath, thus addressing the issue of robbing the skin of its natural oils and keeping your beard soft and smelling great.
How often you use your beard balm depends on the length and thickness of your beard. You could use it more often if your beard is longer and thicker. Using beard oil and balm daily will enhance the overall health of your beard. Some people use the beard balm daily, while others use it occasionally.
If you require further information or assistance, please get in touch with us via our chat module or our contact us page
Check out our range of beard balm here.