Essentials of a Good Beard Grooming Kit
A good beard grooming kit should make looking after your beard easy and consist of everything you need to maintain and groom your facial hair on a daily basis.
Growing a beard out with the proper tools and products will help to eliminate beard itch, split ends, ingrown hairs and promote healthy growth.
Below we are going to cover the essentials you should have in your beard kit and why.
What’s in the beard grooming kit?
The Beard comb is not an ordinary hair comb and generally contains wider teeth, they are usually made from a material that will not conduct or transmit static into the beard hair which contributes to a frizzy look. We find finished wood is a great option because it does not attract static and it helps to move beard products like oil, balm and butter throughout the hair evenly. Combing daily will help to remove tangled and knotted hair in the beard.
- Removes knots and twisted hairs
- Helps to spread products evenly through the beard hair
- Styles and trains beard hair in the preferred direction
- Prevent split ends
- Does not create frizzy hair
Beard oil is essential when it comes to maintenance of the the skin underneath the beard. It has been made with cold pressed natural nut oils and it nourishes and conditions the beard hair.
Some of the ingredients used in making beard oil are jojoba, sweet almond, vitamin E and essential oils or fragrance blend oils. These oils penetrate easily into the skin and are rich in nourishing nutrients that keep your facial hair and the skin beneath healthy.
- Relieves itchiness and dandruff
- Makes the skin softer and smoothens facial hair follicles
- Boosts the health of beard hair and growth
- Gently moisturizes and hydrates
- Available in a vast range of masculine scents
- Creates a healthy base for optimum beard growth
Beard wash is important for keeping the beard clean from dirt and free of dead skin build up. It is crucial to use a mild beard wash to ensure it does not strip away the natural oil. Beard wash assist to eliminate dandruff and beard itch and performs best when used before using beard oil.
- Removes dirt and dead skin
- Does not strip the natural skin oil away
- Gives the beard a revitalized clean look
Beard Balm / Beard Butter
Beard balm and butter are similar except butter contains no beeswax and has a more natural hold as opposed to beard balm which allows more styling and hold. Both condition and soften the balm however will protect from the element better due to the beesax.
- Holds hair in place
- Makes styling easy
- Locks in moisture
- Conditions and Softens
- Easy to apply
Beard trimmers or scissors are essential for trimming and tidying up flyaway hairs, lip lines, overall beard shape and moustache hairs. Having a good pair of scissors on hand makes it easy to do this yourself.
- Cleaner cuts on hair follicle ends reducing split ends
- Easy tidy up and clean up when needed
- Allows you to maintain the moustache and flyaway hairs easily
- Requires no power socket
Beard brushes are perfect for grabbing first thing in the morning to detangle and shape your beard quickly and easily before heading out the door. They help to groom beard hair and train the hair in which direction you would like it to grow. The bristles stimulate the skin and help to remove dead skin under the beard.
- Detangles beard hair
- Helps to train hair growth direction
- Helps to shape quickly
- Naturally exfoliates the skin under the facial hair
- Helps spread product evenly through your beard hair
- Feels really good on the skin
These are only a few basic products and tools that your beard grooming kit must have. They are designed and intended with the bearded man in mind. Get your kit today while stocks last.
Check out our Ultimate Beard Care Pack HERE
Read How To Choose The Right Beard Grooming Kit