What is beard balm?
Beard balm is a leave-in conditioner with moisturizing properties. It also conditions, softens and styles the beard. Many beard balms comprise of Shea butter that helps in softening and moisturizing. It also has sweet almond oil that conditions and enhances beard growth. Additionally, the balm has a protectant (like the beeswax) that seals in moisture.
Our beard balm
Tamed and locally made in New Zealand, our beard balm product is intended for individuals who love to keep their beards long. It has holding properties that allows any beard owner to shape their beard as desired.
Our beard balm product is safe for use as it is made from natural ingredients that protect both beards and the skin underneath. These ingredients are vital for healthy growth of beards, and they also help in reducing itching and beard rash.
Why Our Beard Balm?
We have carefully handcrafted our beard balm products, and it comes in five different scents. They are prudently formulated and tested before being released for sale to our esteemed beard family.
It has a shelf life span of up to 12 months thus prolonging freshness as well as longevity. You will love our beard balm product since it also pairs as a hair styling product. It’s a day-to-day product for styling and holding the beard, giving it fresh smell all day.
We use heating, whipping and freezing techniques when creating our beard balm. These steps are necessary in processing this product to allow making of a soft balm, different from other beard products that are hard and difficult.
Beard Balm Ingredients
Organic Jojoba Oil: The organic jojoba oil closely mimics the human skin oil, has extra vitamins for the skin and great moisturizing properties.
Beeswax: This is common in most cosmetics and skincare products. Beeswax properties make it a perfect skin moisturizer, as well as a great holding ingredient to the beard balm. It is rich in vitamin A, and thus perfect for softening and dehydrating the skin underneath. Beeswax also helps to clear acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Sweet Almond Oil: The main benefit of sweet almond oil is that it creates a bright, silky and shiny look on your beard.
Mango Butter: It is an impeccable ingredient for treating dry skin and soothing sensitive skin. This is because mango butter is rich in vitamin A, C and E, as well as moisturizing essential fatty acids.
Mixed Essential Oils: These have been used since 1188 in medicines and aromatherapy. They have great scents, and allow creation of products with great smell without any severe chemicals.
Shea Butter: Naturally rich in Vitamins A, E and F. Also, it offers minimal protection from the UV. It is perfect for conditioning and nurturing skin and eases inflammation.
How To Use Beard Balm
Beard balm an all-inclusive beard moisturizer, and conditioner also used in styling. It is great for people who are looking forward to having thicker beards. Here are the steps to follow when applying the beard balm:
- To achieve the best results with your beard balm, wash your beard using beard soap, dry it with a towel then apply the beard balm.
- Take out a small amount of balm and rub between your palms.
- Run the fingers all over the facial hair, from your neck upwards, ensuring you rub the balm on the underneath skin where beards grow. This nourishes the roots of the facial hair.
- Reverse and run your fingers through the beard in a descending motion from top to bottom, by keenly spreading the balm down to the hair follicles. Not forgetting the hair around your mouth.
- Brush the balm through your beard with a boar hair beard brush or comb to distribute the balm evenly through your beard.
- Use a beard brush to help strengthen the beard. You may also use scrunch facial hair in your hands for accentuating curl.
- Repeat the process three times a day.
If you need any more information about our beard balm, check out our collection of beard balms and related products. Get a beard friendly product from our collection if you are a true beards man.